Coconut Cove is an indoor fun center for children ages 0 to 12 and their caretakers. It offers a fun, care free, active and interactive, soft-play, indoor playground that is different from any other activity center in Utah targeting young children and their parents. We provide a unique playground and business model for young children and their caretakers in Utah County. It’s great for birthday parties, family events, or just something fun to do with children in Utah. The playground has a number of different structures providing for many activities to keep children entertained. The structures include a toddler only area, ball shooters, wavy slides, as well as a number of climbing and sliding areas. It also provides some fun and simple party packages for children’s birthday parties or for other parties for children. All employees of the Coconut Cove are trained to work well with children and customers, and to keep the facilities clean and sanitary at all times.
The cashier and play attendant position is responsible for maintaining guest service, generation of sales in house, cash register operations (POS), and general housekeeping. The cashier and play attendant is often the first person to greet guests with a smile. S/he must provide excellent customer service to the patron at the counter as well as to the guest on the phone.
- Work well with children and parents
- Ability to provide excellent in-person customer service
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Ability to interact and communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to handle money
- Dependable and have a strong work ethic
- Greet the customers
- Provide relevant information to playground guests
- Assist with birthday party services
- Explain the Coconut Cove play rules
- Handle and enforce waiver policies
- Complete sales transactions
- Sell and disperse socks and snacks to patrons
- Stock front desk, janitorial supplies, and concessions inventory
- Playground cleaning, general maintenance and custodial duties as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Relevant Experience: Cashier, Sales, Associate, Retail, Reception, Floor, Hostess, Waitress, and Customer Service experience a plus.
Background Check: Must be able to pass background check to work with children.
Job Type: Part-time
Wages: $8 – $10 an hour